Remote, mysterious, grandiose, wild and extreme, Spitsbergen is a land forged by ice, wind and sea. Gigantic glaciers descend from the summits of majestic multi-colored mountains in the cold waters of austere Greenland sea, abundant with ice. Animals who do not know humans, inhabit this land and its numerous fjords: wild reindeer grazing in endless tundra, seals and walruses basking on the rocky shores and ice ﬂoes, curious polar fox keeping close to bird colonies, and the whole world is reigned by the polar bear, the king of the Arctic.
This trip gives an insight to Svalbard in winter: in only 5 days, you travel across the island and visit all stunning highlights of Spitzbergen nature, you learn about the famous explorers of the Arctic whose names are linked to Svalbard forever, and meet the locals, people of diﬀerent nationalities who chose to live here because they love the Arctic. Brief and intense trip, rich in impressions, accessible to any person in good physical shape.
Program duration: 6 days / 5 nights
Total snowmobiling distance: 450 km
All highlights of Svalbard in 6 days:
- Majestic glaciers of Nordenskjøld, Tunabreen and Paulabreen
- Fjords - Grønfjord, Isfjord radio, Van Mijenfjord and mountains – Malmberget, Olafberget, Pyramiden etc.
- 3 settlements: from Norwegian Longyearbyen to Russian Barentsburg and the ghost town of Pyramiden
- Wildlife on Tempelfjord – seals, sea dogs, arctic foxes and reindeers
- Arctic wilderness and snowmobile adventure accessible to everyone