The spinning mill is an old industrial building with a versatile history. Nowadays it is used for cultural purposes after its renovation in the 90s.
The building was built in 1873-74 and it started as a wool spinning mill. From 1919 the same building was used as a cannery, and in the early 1930 the production of chairs began in this same building.
When the World War II started, Georg Fjellberg was a blacksmith in this building, and he was arrested and executed by the Germans for concealing weapons.
After the war, various activities took place in the building: clog factory and fruit warehouse among others.
Around 1990 the townhall bought the building and restored it for cultural purposes.