The road between Værlandet and Bulandet is a popular cycletour. From the 6 bridges connecting the island communities, you have a grand overview to both the open sea and hundreds of islands. You travel by ferry from Askvoll to Værlandet, about 1 hour, with beautiful view to both the mountain Alden and the island Atløy.
Length: 10,8 km, from the ferry quay at Værlandet to the quay at Bulandet.
Bicycle rental: Værlandet Handel (shop), tel. +47 57 73 01 20. Værlandet Guest Harbour, tel. +47 57 73 11 28.
Joker Bulandet (shop), tel. +47 57 73 21 44.
Ferry from Askvoll: 09.15 and 11.45 (Monday-Friday). 11.00 (Saturday, Sunday).
Boatservice to Solund:
Monday to Friday between 20.June – 19.August, you can join the boat "Stjernsund" from the Nikøy quay in Bulandet to Solund every day at 15.30. Arrival Hardbakke 17.15.
- Bike to Værlandet Guestharbour. Here you can visit the Seabirdcentre, and get a meal at the inn.
- Oceansafari from Værlandet Harbour.
- Hiking to the top of Alden, also named "the Norwegian Horse".
- Hiking along the Noth Sea Trail at Værlandet.
- Visit the local museum in Bulandet – "Bulandet Temapark".
- Enjoy the wiew from Halsøyhågen in Bulandet.
- Sculptures at Hillersøyhågen in Bulandet.
- Have a meal at "Havsalaten" cafè and bar in Bulandet.